Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jesus is always a good reason to smile.

A couple days ago, I felt kinda down.
My mom and brother were in Dallas for a couple days on a mission trip and my dad was at work, and my normal everyday hangout buddy was gone at camp, so I had hours to myself. Also, a couple weeks ago, I broke up with my longgg time boyfriend. I had honestly felt complete and total peace with it for weeks. In fact, I kept praising God for making something I thought would be so difficult, so easy. But this one day, it was like satan was just playing tricks with my mind.
It was really easy to feel lonely.

But God helped me through it.
Isn't He just wonderful?

Anyway, at first I was letting myself feel lonely. And then it was like God just spoke to me. He said "Why are you doing this to yourself? You know I didn't go anywhere." And I just sat there and realized how true that is, and how easy it is to tell yourself "I'm doing what God wants" and totally believe it but sometimes still feel He's not totally there supporting you.

But since then, it's like, I've got this passion. I feel free, and yet totally surrounded. He's made it SO clear that He loves me.

All that loneliness is gone.

And all I can do is sing. I just find myself, in the car especially, singing out songs to him. All of them. Even if it's just me jamming to my Taylor Swift cd (don't judge, she is my favorite) I just smile, knowing that I'm smiling for Him. And even more, because of Him.

And so, I wanted to remind you, that even on a really terrible, boring, or lonely day, Jesus is always a reason to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment