Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ho Hum.

Well, summer is slowly ending. I've been busy all the time, and yet this has been such a fantastic summer.
But now I'm coming to the very end... less than 2 weeks before I'm moving into my dorm room. I can't believe it's August! This summer went by so quickly.
But I've just got so much to look forward to, all the way to the very end of summer. I have microbiology tests every day this week until my final on Thursday, which is also the day my FAVORITE people come down... my family. I have actually gotten everything I needed down this summer finished and so much more...

well, except getting a tan. That was a major fail.

But now I'm meeting up with my friends this week, getting as many in as I can before Thursday so I can spend time with Leslie.

This summer, God has opened my eyes to so many wonderful things. He has taught me sooo much and taught me how to rejoice in the little victories, the little seemingly insignificant moments. I feel truly joyful. Which, trust me, is not always easy in 5 hours of microbiology.

I know things are going to be different this year than they were last year. Last year at school, I always felt something holding me back, not showing people everything that I was. It really took a really good friend that I was with this summer to get me to open up with friends and really be myself again. This year, I've already got plans with tons of people, from UMHB, from Baylor, from A&M... and I've got a roommate who I absolutely adore, which will just make this so much fun. Only a couple of weeks and it'll all be starting again, but totally different from before.

No comments:

Post a Comment