Monday, November 29, 2010

the blackest of black fridays.

Thanksgiving break was just what I needed. You reach a point in school where you can fully recognize that you need to be studying, or writing papers, or doing homework. And you just can't do it anymore. It is not physically possible. That's what happened to me. So thanksgiving break came at just the right time.
Thanksgiving itself was great, with family over. But it was all preparing for...
BLACK FRIDAY.
We had the plan. We had the list. The priority was a 32 inch HDTV for $198 from Walmart for my apartment next year.(I had videos, but they aren't loading on here for some reason)
For all you black friday shoppers, you know walmart screwed us all over this year. They started toys, movies, music, appliances, etc at midnight, and saved electronics for 5.
So we planned to hit up walmart at midnight, then get some sleep till hitting up target, kohls, sears, etc at 4 and then walmart electronics at 5 for the tv.
.... Our plan did not work out.
My typical black friday shopping has taught me being aggressive doesn't always work. However, being nice normally does. So I turn all doe-eyed and innocent and say "excuse me" "please" and "it's okay, i know you didn't mean to grab me and push me to the side just for a discounted bob the builder". So when i was at the movies I somehow ended up with an entire stack full while others who had ran and pushed and screamed had 2. I watched as the police attacked a man who had punched some woman in the face. Then I met with my mom and went to the check out. We're in a good mood, finished by about 12:15 with everything we needed. Going to sleep. When we heard a salesperson say "there's already a line for those 32" tvs". We froze. Walked back to the car slowly.
We both knew what we had to do.
And so we waited. From 12:15 till 5 in line. In the freezer section.
We became friends with in line next to us. Invented new ways to sit in carts. Got McDonalds from in the store (free refills since we never left the store). Picked up books from the book section and I finished the entire new Richard Paul Evans book I'd been wanting to read. My mom left to go to the other stores at 4. And at 5... I got my tv.
... Then waited in line till about 6:30 to check out.
Then ran out into the dark where it was now raining hard and about 40 degrees. We drove home, and I went to bed about 7.


When my brother saw these pictures he said I looked like a rockstar. or Lindsay lohan.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are HILLARIOUS!
    I think I looked similar when the morning was done. It was brutal this year.... seriously.

    ReplyDelete