Friday, August 26, 2011

thoughts on God. people. compassion.

Anyone who knows me at all knows that I adore missions.
Everything about them. The creativity, how peoples hearts really show through when they're helping people, how everyone has that breaking point but maybe not everyone has the same. I love watching how people so different can work together as one. I love how Father can bring everyone together over and over and over and over, to unite over something, something that will change peoples lives for the better.
I love passion.
Why does this happen?
Because we care.
How?
Because of God.
As a nursing major, I've figured out there really is no other reason. If we were just a bunch of atoms put together randomly with no purpose, then we really wouldn't care about what happened to other people.
But we do.
Because we have a purpose. And that purpose, 100%, is to bring glory to our Father.
And the simplest (though not easy) way to do this, is to care. And what's more, to do something with that caring.

So today I was shopping around online. I've wanted this hat.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/krochet-kids-betty-cap/3141310?origin=category
So so cute. The best part is, there's a message from the person who made it, that was saved from whatever horrible situation they were in before.
Well, when I googled this, some more sites came up.
One was TOMS, which is great. But another was something I had never heard of before.
I watched the video on it, and read the blog, and may have cried a bit.
So I wanted to share it with you. Take the time to watch it. Take the time to pray for this situation. Take the time to think of if there's anything you can do, and if not, just spread the news about it. I had never heard of it, but it definitely made an impact on me.
www.fallingwhistles.com

And if this isn't this doesn't break your heart, take a minute to evaluate were your heart is. I know that everyone isn't in the same place, but you should always be praying for compassion. I believe it's God's gift to us to bond us all together. Pray for it, and you'd be surprised how quickly He'll answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment