Wednesday, April 28, 2010

19

So yesterday was my birthday.
I've grown up with birthdays being a big deal. Every single year I have a birthday party, normally that my mom starts planning at least 3 months before. And they're always the coolest, best parties of the year.
I hadn't even thought about what it would be like this year, with me being away at college and everything.
I knew that I was going to do something at my house once I got back from school, and I figured I would just kinda chill on my birthday, study for finals that were 2 days away.
However, on Friday, when I was going with some of my friends to go hang out, I walked into a room full of balloons and found out they had been planning a surprise birthday party for me and my friend Sidni. :)

It was at this lady's house that has tons of arcade games, and we played and ate and just had fun. It was really exciting for me because I've never had a surprise party before.
So then I went to my boyfriend's house Saturday and Sunday to be with his family since it was his dad's 50th and his brother's 21 birthdays the week before. They ended up celebrating there's on Saturday, and mine on Sunday. They made me cake and made me wear a birthday girl ribbon and got me presents. It was unexpected but fun, once again :)
So by the time my birthday actually came around on Tuesday I felt like I had already gotten more birthday than most people. At midnight 4 of my friends called and sang me happy birthday, and another friend texted me. I had 21 texts by the time I woke up at 730. Kelley posted a video on my facebook of her singing happy birthday to me. Almost 100 people put it on my wall. I was tagged in 2 statuses about it being my birthday. I had 5 phone calls of people singing to me. I was slipped 2 cards under my door of my dorm from people in my dorm. My RA's had written it on the door of the lobby. I was given a bouquet of flowers.
Then my mom and brother picked me up after class and took me to the Alamo Drafthouse, a movie theater where they serve you a meal during it. We saw the back-up plan and ate potato skins and cheese sticks. It was awesome.
Then we met up with JM and went to Cracker Barrel, and they gave me a free ice cream sundae.
You would think that "my day" would be over now, but I still get to go home and eat a meal just of my favorite appetizers (my idea, brilliant right?) and open my bday presents. Basically, this birthday just might last till I'm 20.

Honestly though, I've had a hard time lately. The attention was really good for me. Yesterday, when I would start to get upset or depressed or my mind just start wandering, I would think hey, today is my birthday. today is one day that I can call mine. And all that stuff would go away and all I could do is smile. So I kind of hope it does last till I'm 20. And then that one can last till I'm 21... And then that one could last....

2 comments: