Monday, April 26, 2010

Stress

So a lot has been happening in my life lately. And I'm not going to lie, a lot of it has been hard. In fact, just about all of it has been hard. I've been struggling with a lot. With one blow I got my self-esteem and all my confidence taken away, and lost trust in someone I had really trusted. With my insane school load on top of that my stress level has gone through the roof.
I guess I actually went into little depression for a while. It was bad. I probably gave my mom multiple gray hairs. I had 3 tests during this time, which was last week, and now I have finals THIS WEEK, plus I had a test today. Absolutely no time to recoop.
Needless to say, life has been hard. I'm learning forgiveness,and let me tell you, it's hard. I just want it to go away, but I know cop-ing out won't help anything.
I just flipped my Bible open yesterday and read the first thing I came to. And let me tell you, God showed me just what I needed.
Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships, and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience, and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as imposters; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.- 2 Corinthians 6: 4-10.
Fantastic, isn't it? So much of that applies to my life and gives me hope. I have to remember God to have any hope, because when I'm not, all my thoughts are depressing.
But it's all going to be okay. This is going to be okay. This is going to teach me something that I will be grateful for later. I just have to look at it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment