Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Drives

A lot of college students hate driving home.
It's understandable... while you're driving you're thinking all the millions of things you could be doing and how in 2 days you're going to be driving back.
But I have always really really enjoyed it. I love my drive home.
It just shows classic Texas. You see the switch from south Texas to central Texas. I just love it here so much.
With less than 2 years left in college, I've been starting to realize that from here, I can go anywhere.
Literally.

(It's kinda scary.)


The interesting thing is the more that I realize this, the more that I enjoy my surroundings. I don't know where God is going to send me, but wherever it is will be great. I can't wait for my mission trip... I really feel God is going to open my eyes to something. I don't know what, but I feel like it will be more than just a new culture... it'll be something like where I should live, or what exactly I'm going to be doing with my life. I can't wait.

Maybe that's why I'm still single. Maybe that's why I have this major. Maybe God put me on this path so that I can move around, and He knows that if not, I wouldn't be as free to travel, or be dangerous. My life has so many maybes but I'm really starting to get excited about them.

So for now, until those big choices start being made, I'll just enjoy my drives and think about how blessed I've been to grow up here.



No comments:

Post a Comment