Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gonna be okay

Well, I didn't get the RA job.
That hurt me pretty bad.
I know that's kinda random, but for some reason, it really made me feel not good enough. And then JM backed out of some plans we had made that day. Shouldn't have bothered me, but it reinforced those feelings I was having.
Now, I know the girl that did get the job is best friends with all the RA's in that building. And my friends were telling me they know that's why she got it.
It made me feel a little better, but basically all of yesterday I just felt like a failure.
Then I went to bible study and we did a lesson on doubting God's love. It was really something I needed to hear at the moment, cause though I don't ever think I doubt God's love, I certainly wonder why He does some of the stuff He does when I know He loves me.
Just listening to all these girls talk about how they feel the same way really made me realize that this isn't something new. And that just because you don't get a job shouldn't affect your life, it shouldn't even affect your day.
So that's what I'm working on. I take things much too hard. My feelings get hurt really easily. But I want to just move on. Roll with the punches. Take what's given to me and know if I didn't get what I wanted, it's because God has something better for me. I just need to look for it.
So, I have a chemistry test tomorrow. It's gonna be okay.
I have an A&P test Friday. It's gonna be okay.
I have a developmental pysch test Friday, and my teacher just told us today that she changed her mind about letting us do it open book, which was what I was banking on.
....
It's going to be okay.
Jeremiah 29:11 will definitely be my verse for the rest of the week.
Well that and James 1:5.

1 comment:

  1. love that your blogging, and being real and vulnerable, its really freeing...

    hate that days are hard... hate it for you, and praying every day....

    but your right in the fact that it will be ok... it will... no matter how crappy ok can be.

    Love you. Miss you. A lot.

    ReplyDelete