Thursday, March 4, 2010

There's just something freeing about walking barefoot...

Today was a day I want to remember.
It started great. It ended great. And everything in the middle was great.
To start- my school is the greatest. To support the people of Haiti we all went barefoot for the entire day yesterday. So at 7:45 this morning, I was laughing with people as we pulled up our jeans to show our bare feet. And honestly, there's just something freeing about bare feet. It made me feel... giddy. The weather was about 45 degrees, 65 in the afternoon, and the concrete just felt amazing, not hot or uncomfortable.
From class I had to go straight to work, from work to eat, from lunch to chemistry (BLAH!) but she let us out a half hour early. And I passed a quiz. This is the first class I've ever been happy to be merely passing.
After class I went back to my room, and did some homework while watching GLEE. From there I met up with my pal Jenna, and we sat out on a blanket and just talked in the sunshine. Everyone was outside, barefoot, playing frisbee or playing with dogs and listening to the Help for Haiti concert being put on. The live music from it was played right in the quad and it just seemed picture perfect. We were out there for an hour and a half or so.
Then the NCAA tournament basketball game. Our school is in the finals, cause we're awesome. Or rather, was in the finals.
Who cares. We're still awesome.
From there, the Help for Haiti concert again. 2 singers were there, James Caronna and Jimmy Needham. If you haven't heard them, I strongly encourage looking them up. James was so absolutely hilarious and his voice was amazing, and Jimmy is pretty much a christian Jason Mraz.
All in all, a picture perfect day.
Thank you Jesus, I needed this so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment